The Last of the Last Days
by: Bill Perkins
Today things are moving so fast it’s helpful to just step back, take a breath and look at the numerous Bible prophecies being fulfilled all around us. Here are 10 big prophecies that should convince anyone with 2 brain cells that we’re definitely living in the last of the last days!
1) Israel Back In Their Homeland “Say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD, “Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; Ezek. 37:21 Bible prophecies regarding the latter days begin and end with Israel. Until God regathered Israel back to their homeland, most latter-days prophecies could not begin. But return they did. In the late 1800s, after almost 2000 years of worldwide dispersion, the Jews began filtering back to their original God-given land. In 1917, at the end of WW1, the Balfour Agreement gave the Jews a legal right of return. And on May 14, 1948, the United Nations declared Israel a sovereign nation.
2) Israel Is A World Problem “It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it. Zech. 12:3 The Bible not only promised Israel would return to their God-given land, but that this tiny nation would also become a burdensome stone to the world. Hardly a day goes by that Israel’s not in the news. Israel has a population of about 8 million, the Arabs about 450 million.
Every American administration since Israel became a nation in 1948 has tried and failed to secure a lasting peace in the Middle East. The national news has a continuous dribble of problems regarding Israel and the Middle East, usually making Israel out to be the problem. This ultimately ends with every nation on earth coming against Israel in the Tribulation Period. Toward the end of the seven-year Tribulation period, the Antichrist will bring together the world’s armies to “kill the Jews.” But their Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth, will return to earth and save them from annihilation.
3) Homosexual Perversion “…and they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may have relations (intercourse) with them.” Gen 19:5 “For the coming of the Son of Man will be just like the days of Noah.” Matt. 24:37 “It was the same as happened in the days of Lot: they were eating, they were drinking, they were buying, they were selling, they were planting, they were building; but on the day that Lot went out from Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all. It will be just the same on the day that the Son of Man is revealed.” Luke 17:28-30
The Bible says that the days before the Rapture will be “just like” the days before God destroyed the earth with a global flood. And also just like the days before He destroyed Sodom and Gommorah. One of the distinguishing characteristics specifically mentioned was widespread homosexual sin. God will again judge homosexual sin in the future.
Always know that homosexual behavior IS sin. Homosexuals are not born that way, rather they CHOOSE to be. Much like a thief can’t stop stealing without the transcending power of God, a homosexual can’t repent/turn from his/her sin without the power of God. Murder, stealing, adultery, homosexuality, etc., ARE clearly defined as SIN by God’s Word. God defines sin, not the government! Today, homosexual rights are on the front-burner of the politically-correct push to bring the perversion out into the open as normal, incorrectly equating their demands with the push for black rights in the 60s.
But comparing homosexual rights to civil rights is not an apples-to-apples comparison because homosexual behavior is a choice and black skin color isn’t. That fact seems to be lost in the rhetoric as God-given and constitutionally protected rights of Christians are tossed out the window while homosexual perversion is elevated to “normal” status.
4) Cashless Society And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Rev. 13:16-17
A recent survey(1) said only 10% of Americans always carry cash. The worldwide movement toward electronic payments has been breathtaking. For most of those reading this article, if our bank unexpectedly froze our accounts, we’d be in deep trouble. With banking now tied worldwide we’re obviously not too far from one person literally being able to control the world. And that’s where we’re headed… to a point where one person will have total control of all transactions on earth.
5) Russian / Iranian Coalition “Son of man, set your face toward Gog of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him” Ezek 38:2
“I will turn you about and put hooks into your jaws, and I will bring you out, and all your army, horses and horsemen, all of them splendidly attired, a great company with buckler and shield, all of them wielding swords; Persia, Ethiopia and Put (Libya in some translations) with them, all of them with shield and helmet;” Ezek 38:4,5
“After many days you will be summoned; in the latter years you will come into the land that is restored from the sword, whose inhabitants have been gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel which had been a continual waste; but its people were brought out from the nations, and they are living securely, all of them. Ezek 38:8
Amazingly the Bible predicts that Gog/Rosh (Modern day Russia) will invade Israel from the north with Persia (Modern day Iran) as one of her principal allies. So it’s not surprising that today Russia and Iran are becoming so militarily close. Also keep in mind that the above prophecies, written 2700 years ago, pinpoint this time to be after Israel comes back into their land in the latter days.
6) Nuclear Weapons And another, a red horse, went out; and to him who sat on it, it was granted to take peace from the earth, and that men would slay one another; and a great sword was given to him. Rev. 6:4
Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth. Zech. 14:12
How would you have described a nuclear bomb 2,500 years ago? John and Zechariah had to do just that! All they knew was that it was huge and quite destructive! So destructive that flesh melted off their bodies before their bones hit the ground! That sounds exactly like a neutron bomb that’s designed to vaporize the people and leave the buildings intact.
7) Increase In Knowledge “But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the book until the end of time; many will go back and forth, and knowledge will increase.” Dan.12:4
The Internet has become the modern-day purveyor of information as you pretty much have access to anything and everything at your fingertips. Ease of local or worldwide transportation by car, plane, train or ship is considered normal. Nahum 2:4 sounds like the prophet is looking down on a busy intersection at night.
8) Mockers denying Jesus’ Second Coming “Know this first of all, that in the last days mockers will come with their mocking, following after their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all continues just as it was from the beginning of creation.” 2Pet 3:3,4
Denying the clear Biblical doctrines of the Lord first returning in the Rapture is a SIGN of the Rapture. The dispensational model for scripture interpretation is the only consistent way to know what God says to us in His written word.
Yet over 80% of the “Christian Church” in the world is A-millennial in their theology, which is a basic denial of the Rapture. Notice this is not a verse talking about non-Christians, but because it mentions “fathers” and God’s “creation,” it’s referring to Christians living in the last days!!
9) 144,000 Jewish Evangelists Identified “And I heard the number of those who were sealed, one hundred and forty-four thousand sealed from every tribe of the sons of Israel:” Rev 7:4
“And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders; and no one could learn the song except the one hundred and forty-four thousand who had been purchased from the earth. These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb.” Rev. 14:3,4
This puzzling prophecy says God will choose 144,000 Jewish men and reveal Himself to them on Mount Zion in Jerusalem (different from Mount of Olives and Mount Moriah). Most interestingly, these men are virgins. I wrote an article a few years ago identifying these men as the unmarried Rabbinical Jews between the ages of 18 and 30. Today they’re estimated to number approximately 150,000, and their ranks are growing. (Click here to read the entire article.)
10) Israel’s Deserts Blooming “In the days to come Jacob will take root, Israel will blossom and sprout, and they will fill the whole world with fruit.” Isaiah 27:6
“The wilderness and the desert will be glad, and the Arabah (desert) will rejoice and blossom; Like the crocus it will blossom profusely.” Is. 35:1,2
Jordan River 1913 T
The Turks of Ottoman Empire who controlled the land for 400 years had heavily taxed trees on property. So most people cut down all their trees to avoid paying the tax!
One of the most amazing things we see in Israel today on our Bible trips is the incredible and colorful blooming vegetation in the Jordan Valley and the Dead Sea–the lowest point on earth. Israelis invented the drip system that enables as little as a cupful of water to bountifully nourish a whole tree for a day. Using this method in the desert has literally caused it to bloom in the last 50 years. They now export fresh fruit and vegetables via plane to Europe every day but Saturday (Shabot).
The drip system allows Israel to export $65 million in dates each year from trees grown around the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth.
And the next big prophecy to be fulfilled:
Israel Discovering Great Riches
“Sheba and Dedan and the merchants of Tarshish with all its villages will say to you, ‘Have you come to capture spoil? Have you assembled your company to seize plunder, to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to capture great spoil?'”‘ Ezek 38:13
The Bible says there will be great riches discovered in the land. The riches are so great that sovereign nations band together to invade and take the riches. This is unfolding before our eyes!
Israel has discovered huge gas fields inland and off-shore her coasts. And as they say in Texas, “where there’s gas, there’s oil.” So it’s only a matter of time. Over 500 oil wells have been drilled in Israel to no avail. But recently Israel struck oil, and it’s a whopper. It’s over 10 times the average size of oil wells in the world and will provide billions of gallons of oil a year, far exceeding the needs of Israel.
As more wells are tapped into this massive reserve, Israel will become a major oil supplier to Europe and North America. Do you think this will sit well with the Arabs? They already seethe at Israel’s success in rebuilding a great nation in only 50 years. They’re going to go bonkers!
And the prophecy also mentions gold and silver riches. As the Dead Sea dries up, could it expose more and more unseen riches?
Trust me, when Israel is able to supply oil at a lower price from a closer delivery point (the eastern edge of the Mediterranean Sea), the Muslims will go nuts.
And if Israel also discovers gold and silver, the Arabs will wet their collective pants. So Israel’s discovering great riches is closely tied into prophecy #2 above, Israel being a burdening stone to the world!
Another point of contention worth mentioning between Israel and the world is the ridiculous attempt to pressure Israel through BDS, or Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions of Israel movement.
Thankfully, many states are now passing anti-BDS laws. Colorado has recently joined Florida,Tennessee, New York, Indiana and Pennsylvania in passing anti-BDS legislation. Another 30+ states are reportedly considering similar legislation.
BDS makes ludicrous claims! The bottom line is that you have to be dumb as dirt to support BDS. If you’re not up to speed on the stupidity of the BDS movement, watch this short video called “BDS or the Bible?”
Therefore, yes, I obviously believe we’re living in the last of the last days. These 10 prophecies (there are of course a lot more!) prove the end of the current dispensation, the Church Age, is near. It will end with the Believers’ exhilarating exit, shedding our present sinful containers.
To a trusting-the-blood Believer, seeing so much Bible prophecy coming together should be an exciting incentive to ask the Lord for His wisdom for being sensitive to the leading of His Spirit to reach our lost family, friends and co-workers with the Good News. And Good News it is!!!