Our office will be closed from 9/25 – 10/23. Any orders placed during this time will be shipped upon return by 11/1/23.
The arrival and departure of the Holy Spirit on the earth are the bookends of the Church Age.
The Church Age begins with the arrival of God's Holy Spirit (Acts 2). It is the only time God's Holy Spirit permanently indwells living/breathing humans, who by faith, trust in God's Messiah's shed blood for their salvation. The Rapture (the departure of the Holy Spirit from earth) signifies the end of the Church Age.
Prior to the Church Age, the time between Jesus' death on the cross and the arrival of God's Holy Spirit, was 50 days (see graph above). As balanced as God's Word always is, and understanding the incredible importance of the meaning of numbers in scripture, we theorize that there will be another 50 days between Rapture and the beginning of the Tribulation.
In that brief, 50 day, post Church Age period, here is what we think has to happen:
· First God suddenly removes the Holy Spirit Restrainer from the earth (the Rapture, 1Cor 15:50-53; 1Thes 4:13-18).
· A coalition of countries (Ezek 38:5,6) led by Russia (Gog) and Iran (Persia) "think an evil thought" (Ezek 38:10) and invade Israel for her riches (Ezek 38:12).
· Israel defeats the invading armies in what sounds like an atomic exchange (Ezek 39:12; Zech 14:12).
· Israel then takes it a step further. In an attempt to rid herself of those who have continuously been at war with her, she takes the opportunity to begin systematically wiping out the rest of her enemies surrounding her borders (Zech 12:6).
· This brings humanity to the brink of disaster as the whole world realizes that Israel has God with her.
"And My holy name I shall make known in the midst of My people Israel; and I shall not let My holy name be profaned anymore. And the nations will know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel." Ezek. 39:7
· Out of the smoke and confusion comes the bold voice of a mortal man, a man who will eventually become the Satan-indwelled Antichrist. He outlines a grand plan that will save the world. He will entice Israel to stop the wholesale destruction of her enemies by guaranteeing her peace and safety. He even includes in the framework of the peace treaty the right for her to rebuild the Jewish Temple (Dan 9:27).
· At the moment Israel inks her signature on the treaty, the last seven years of the 70 Week of Daniel begin.
That will be one wild 50 day period!
Isn't Bible prophecy great?
Bill Perkins is the founder and Executive Director of Compass International, Inc.
© Copyright 1993-2014, Compass International Inc. www.compass.org / 800-977-2177
The above article may be forwarded in its entirety (including credits) without permission.
To sign up for our FREE Monthly Compass ENews with updates on future Bible conferences, Bible trips, specials on DVD Bible studies and an eye-opening look at a hot topic Click Here
For more information or to sign up for our provocative FREE Good Morning Lord! Daily Devotional Email Click Here
For more information on our life-impacting Biblelands Trips Click Here